This Youth Exchange is aimed to gather young people from 6 countries who worked together to create the international movement devoted to developing critical thinking and media literacy skills among young people and to develop ideas for future activities and projects in terms of this movement. It was of great importance for project participants to define how the movement will be by themselves without influence of political or other institutions, as well as without influence of individuals.
The objectives and idea of the Youth Exchange correspond with Erasmus+ objectives and will help participants to improve their attitudes, skills and knowledge, to increase the capacities, and the wish and will to take part in the democratic life in Europe as active and critical citizens.
A long-term goal for the conference and for the movement is to raise participants awareness and understanding of other cultures and countries through reducing of the negative influence of disinformation and fakes which produce hatred and can lead to the rise of intolerance and discrimination
* enable participants to begin to identi fy their own values, attitudes and cultural biases
* promote intercultural dialogue and mutual understanding through working in a intercultural group and through creative activities
* create space for cooperation among youth organisation representatives using the skills and knowledge of people from diverse backgrounds
* foster mutual understanding of Erasmus+ projects, types, requirements and logic
* develop future projects on the topic
* raise participants' awareness and understanding of other cultures and countries
* increase understanding of how media and social networks af fect our perception
* increase media literacy among the participants,develop skills of critical thinking among participants
* create the possible activities for the Skepsis movement devoted to the critical thinking and media literacy
* ensure the dissemination of Erasmus Plus program
* empower participants to cooperte international ly with the use of Erasmus+ programme
Skepsis is an international movement about critical thinking initiated and run by young people from all over the Europe.
IDEA: THE MOVEMENT IS SUPPORTED BY SEVERAL NGOS ACROSS THE EUROPE AND INITIALLY FUNDED BY ERASMUS+ AND VISEGRAD FUNDS IN 2018. THERE WAS A CHAIN OF PROJECTS IN SPAIN, UKRAINE AND POLAND WITHIN THE MOVEMENT AND CURRENTLY THERE ARE ONLINE AND OFFLINE ACTIVITIES WITHIN THE MOVEMENT. SKEPSIS AIMS TO IMPROVE CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS AND RAISE AWARENESS ABOUT THIS TOPIC.
At the page of Skepsis you can find out knowledge and information about media literacy, critical thinking, cognitive biases etc, so that we can fight fake news, and make media great again. We can share experiences and discuss related topics, feel free to like, comment and share with your friends.